Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sometimes, it's hard to improve on the lede

An interesting little story on the wires today about a restaurant that seats its guests in total darkness.

Much of the article is taken up with detailing the difficulties sighted diners have eating when deprived of their sight-it's worth noting that the waitstaff at the restaurant is blind. I'm not entirely sure what degree, for example of my of dexterity is a product of being able to see-I'm confident I wouldn't stab myself with my fork, say, but I imagine I would be a rather tentative eater.

The lede, as I say, is obvious but not immediately improvable: more or less every possible heading I could think of was some sort of play on "blind date." It does sound as though it would be a good place to go on a first date-it would at the very least be memorable, and you would of necessity have to make conversation. I have to say, it's not every day I read about restaurants 3000 miles away and have my interest piqued, but this does sound as though it would be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .